Saturday, September 20, 2008

Taking dead grasshoppers for a scenic flight

Part of today's survey. And part of a dead grasshopper.

So anyway, after this flight, I flew to Jackson Hole with a nice old man who wants to learn to fly. Our lessons have turned into play time. I tried teaching him for the first couple of flights, but I caught  him sleeping the first flight, then after the second flight I took him home and he couldn't remember where he lived. After the third flight I followed him home to help him with his radio controlled airplane and watched him run a stop sign and nearly kill someone. The next flight he showed up on a bike because he crashed his car. A week later he got his car back, but he showed up on a bike, with stitches on his head and hands after he rolled and totalled his car.  
Today, before we took off to Jackson he asked to use the bathroom. I pointed to where it was and ten minutes later he came back and we went flying. After I got back, Frank, the machanic (I'll get a photo of him, because his name is Frank), pulled me aside and explained that when he went in the bathroom to pee, he nearly fell over from the smell. Ten minutes later he bravely went back in to find what looked like a shotgun blast/skunk spray pattern of the number 2 splattered on the urinal (hey, what was he supposed to do- the other toilet was broken!).  Sorry I don't have a picture for you.  Today I'm thankful to my elderly student pilot who knows to use the bathroom before going on long trips. 
Oh, and thanks Frank for cleaning up the mess!

4 comments:

cami said...

Dude, that's hilarious! Welcome to the blog world...can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!

Alex Egbert And Family said...

Uncle Steve, your blog is coo.

darryl said...

Nice blog ya jerk.

Amy B said...

Steve you are one wacko bro. I'm glad you started a blog. Sometimes I'll comment if I can remember what my dang password is. Love you!